lunedì 17 settembre 2007

Because you're mine

Attendo stormi di sogni per stanotte, deliri che sicuramente faranno seguito all'appena terminata visione di Walk the line (James Mangold, 2006).
Dite che faccio ancora in tempo a diventare una rockstar?

I hear the train a comin´
it´s rolling round the bend
and I ain´t seen the sunshine since I don´t know when,
I´m stuck in Folsom prison, and time keeps draggin´ on
but that train keeps a rollin´ on down to San Anton..
When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,
always be a good boy, don´t ever play with guns.
But I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die
now every time I hear that whistle I hang my head and cry..

I bet there´s rich folks eating in a fancy dining car
they´re probably drinkin´ coffee and smoking big cigars.
Well I know I had it coming, I know I can´t be free
but those people keep a movin´
and that´s what tortures me...

Well if they´d free me from this prison,
if that railroad train was mine
I bet I´d move just a little further down the line
far from Folsom prison, that's where I want to stay
and I´d let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away.....


(Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash, 1956)

4 commenti:

Sor Vichi ha detto...

Se investi in brillantina Linetti e risparmi ai tuoi polsi le (presumo indefesse) fatiche quotidiane, secondo me ce la puoi ancora fare.

Anonimo ha detto...

Il rocker imbraccia la chitarra e può suonare anche solo per sè. daje.
fredo

Anonimo ha detto...

quello lo faccio sempre fredo, lo sai.

tu che sei un virtuoso dello strumento: ma come cazzo faceva johnny a tene' sto ritmo di pennata?
cy

Anonimo ha detto...

addirittura folsom prison! ma si trova proprio di tutto su certi blog.... ossigeno....